Fields marked with an * are required
Enter contact information
Enter emergency contact information
Select your team. New players select "No Team Affiliation."
Optional player information
The league and city waivers are available for review below.
LB/OC SURF AND SUN SOFTBALL LEAGUE
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I agree to the following “Terms and Conditions” and Waivers: By submitting this form, I authorize the Board of Directors of the Long Beach/Orange County Surf and Sun Softball League (the League), and its representatives to contact me through email or any other form of communication provided by me. My submission is an acknowledgment that I have read and will abide by the League’s Rules of Play, and Code of Conduct. Insurance Waiver, Player Waiver, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement Roster
I, the undersigned player, acknowledge, agree, and understand that:
- I understand that there are certain risks and hazards involved in participating in softball that may result in injury or death to me or other players including, but not limited to those hazards associated with weather conditions, playing conditions, equipment, and other participants.
- I understand that the very nature of the game of softball is hazardous and risky, including but not limited to, the acts of pitching, throwing, fielding, and catching the ball, running, jumping, stretching, sliding, diving, and collisions with other players or stationary objects, all of which can cause serious injury or death to me and to other players.
- I understand that the League does not furnish any medical insurance.
- I, freely and voluntarily, accept and assume all risks of injury suffered by me while participating in any League-sponsored activity, tournament, or game either as a player or non-playing participant.
- I voluntarily elect to release, discharge, and agree not to sue the entities listed below, for any claim, damages, costs, or cause of action which I have or may in the future have as a result of injuries or damages sustained or incurred by me from whatever cause including but not limited to the negligence, breach of contract, or wrongful conduct of the parties is hereby released.
- The Long Beach/Orange County Surf and Sun Softball League, its participating teams, and officers.
- The field owners and/or the cities where the League’s games, tournaments, practices, or other activities are held.
- The North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA) or Amateur Softball Association of North America (ASANA) and their owners, officers, agents, servants, associations, employees, or any person or entity connected with these organizations.
- I understand that my likeness may appear in league photographs, brochures, and other print and/or social media outlets. I hereby consent to such use and relinquish all rights to said likeness.
CITY OF TUSTIN ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND LIABILITY
I, the undersigned, acknowledge that in consideration of my involvement in Surf and Sun Softball League (Herein referred to as “the activity”), that I for myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next of kin, spouse and assigns, do hereby:
- RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE CITY OF TUSTIN, IT’S EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, COUNCILMEMBERS AND AGENTS (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the City”) for and from any and all claims and liability arising out of strict liability, dangerous condition of public property and/or to indemnify and hold the City harmless for and from a claim, judgement or expense the City may incur which may arise out of my participation in the Activity.
- Acknowledge that the Activity is inherently dangerous and that I participate at my own risk. I further understand that the Activity contains risks of minor injuries, serious injuries and even death, and that other participants in the Activity pose a danger to me. Nevertheless, I VOLUNTARILY ELECT TO ACCEPT ALL RISK connected with my participation in the Activity.
- Acknowledge that no oral representations or inducements have been made to me to sign this Agreement. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance thereof shall continue in full legal force and effect.
- Agree that this Agreement shall apply to any incident, accident, injury or death occurring during my participation in the Activity.
I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS.
The Agreement is intended to be binding on myself, my heirs, personal representatives, next of kin, spouse and assigns.
I VOLUNTARILY SIGN MY NAME EVIDENCING MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS.