Fields marked with an * are required
Enter contact information
Enter emergency contact information
Select your team. New players select "No Team Affiliation."
Optional player information
The league and city waivers are available for review below.
LB/OC SURF AND SUN SOFTBALL LEAGUE
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I agree to the following “Terms and Conditions” and Waivers: By submitting this form, I authorize the Board of Directors of the Long Beach/Orange County Surf and Sun Softball League (the League), and its representatives to contact me through email or any other form of communication provided by me. My submission is an acknowledgment that I have read and will abide by the League’s Rules of Play, and Code of Conduct. Insurance Waiver, Player Waiver, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement Roster
I, the undersigned player, acknowledge, agree, and understand that:
- I understand that there are certain risks and hazards involved in participating in softball that may result in injury or death to me or other players including, but not limited to those hazards associated with weather conditions, playing conditions, equipment, and other participants.
- I understand that the very nature of the game of softball is hazardous and risky, including but not limited to, the acts of pitching, throwing, fielding, and catching the ball, running, jumping, stretching, sliding, diving, and collisions with other players or stationary objects, all of which can cause serious injury or death to me and to other players.
- I understand that the League does not furnish any medical insurance.
- I, freely and voluntarily, accept and assume all risks of injury suffered by me while participating in any League-sponsored activity, tournament, or game either as a player or non-playing participant.
- I voluntarily elect to release, discharge, and agree not to sue the entities listed below, for any claim, damages, costs, or cause of action which I have or may in the future have as a result of injuries or damages sustained or incurred by me from whatever cause including but not limited to the negligence, breach of contract, or wrongful conduct of the parties is hereby released.
- The Long Beach/Orange County Surf and Sun Softball League, its participating teams, and officers.
- The field owners and/or the cities where the League’s games, tournaments, practices, or other activities are held.
- The North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA) or Amateur Softball Association of North America (ASANA) and their owners, officers, agents, servants, associations, employees, or any person or entity connected with these organizations.
- I understand that my likeness may appear in league photographs, brochures, and other print and/or social media outlets. I hereby consent to such use and relinquish all rights to said likeness.
- COVID-19 INFORMED CONSENT: LB/OC Surf and Sun Softball League is taking reasonable measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, and following applicable state and County public health orders and protocols. However, the possibility of transmission cannot be eliminated. Athletes and their families must be aware of and acknowledge the risks before participating in athletics. By initialing the leagues waiver, you acknowledge, accept, and agree to all the following:
- No Athlete will attend meetings, practice and/or competitions if any of the following apply:
- The Athlete or any member of their household is exhibiting one symptom of COVID-19 first appear within the last 10 days: fever (at or over 100.4F or 38C) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, feeling tired, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose, or new loss of taste or smell. The Athlete will check temperature at home prior to attending meetings, practices and/or competitions.
- The Athlete or any member of their household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a suspected diagnosis or pending COVID test.
- The Athlete or any member of their household has spent time with another individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a suspected diagnosis.
- The Athlete or any member of their household is currently under isolation or quarantine orders.
- We are aware that the Athlete may be exposed to COVID-19 while participating in or attending meetings, practices and/or competitions. We understand that this exposure carries a risk of infection, serious illness, or death for both the Athlete and their household members.
- Athlete is aware that competition will look different that prior years including the need for physical distancing and the correct and consistent use of face masks. We agree to comply with the direction provided by the league and acknowledge that the failure to do so may result in the Athlete being refused participation.
- Athlete is voluntarily participating in athletics. Athlete agrees to assume any and all risks of infection, injury or death, whether those risks are known or unknown.
- I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware of the risks in participating in athletics during the COVID-19 pandemic. I am aware that this form contains a release of liability and waiver of all claims. I am signing this agreement voluntarily, fully aware of the risks and my release and waiver of any claim against the LB/OC Surf and Sun Softball League, its employees, agents, board members, or other related entities.
- LEAGUE RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL
- Pre/Post Game:
- Teams/players to arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled game.
- Teams/players may warm up with their own team only and maintain social distance standards from any other team warming up.
- Teams must allow previous game players/teams to completely clear before entering dugout area.
- Teams/players must leave field area directly following their game.
- Masks MUST be worn before and after all games including during warm up.
- Game Play:
- Teams/players will be required to socially distance during game play. This includes while on offense and using team dugout. Players may utilize area outside of dugout, behind field fences to maintain social distance policies.
- Masks MUST be worn while not on the field of play.
- There will be no handshakes or high fives following games.
- Players are encouraged not to share equipment with their team or other teams.
- There will be NO spectators allowed at fields.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed in each dugout and players are expected to utilize between each inning.
- All coaches, managers, base coaches, umpires must wear masks at all times. This includes pre game managers meeting.